I was quite surprised when they arrived on the other end still intact and begging to be eaten in a creamy smokey sauce. This stroganoff is quick and simple, ready in 20 minutes. You'll impress everyone involved.
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 400g wild mushrooms (you can use a selection of any wild mushrooms, I used Chanterelles, however Shitake or Porcini would work just as well)
- chorizo (half)
- 8 tablespoons creme freche
- lemon zest (from 1 lemon)
- small bunch of parsley
- salt & pepper to taste
- splash of white wine
- lemon zest of 1 lemon
- juice of half a lemon
1) Saute onion till transparent
2) Add the mushrooms and gently fry till they get juicy
3) Add splash of white wine, lemon zest and lemon juice
4) Add the chorizo and parsley
5) Add the creme freche (or plain yoghurt) and simmer gently on low heat for a few minutes till its all blended together and warm throughout.
6) Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle a bit of parsley on top and serve with boiled basmatic rice.