Those who know me know I am all about colour. I can't get enough of it, be it in my wardrobe or on a plate. I am also all about making things look pretty and nothing pleases me more than a well presented plate of food.
I have recently been inspired by the beautiful colours and photography on LaTartineGourmande.
I'm very lucky to have a husband who's ultimate weakness is food, and will eat pretty much whatever I put in front of him (even if it contains only veggies and an earthy grain/seed). This dish is one of our mid-week staples - a real favourite when detoxing, and with quinoa being the super food of all super foods, it's truly nutritious and need I say, delicious.
It's high protein properties make this a meal on its own, but it would also be good served as a side to either a roast chicken or baked salmon.
I personally love quinoa or 'keenwa' as its pronounced and ever since our time in Peru can't get enough.
- 1 red onion, sliced into wedges
- 2-3 carrots, chopped with skin on
- 2-3 cloves garlic, with skin on
- 1 aubergine
- 1 courgette, sliced at an angle
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes
- 1 fennel bulb, sliced
- 5 sweet bell peppers (or 2 regular peppers)
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 1/2 cup boiling water
- salt and pepper to taste
1) Put water in a pan and bring to boil. Add quinoa and boil for approx 15 mins or until it loosens
2) Put all the veggies, chopped up on a baking tray with the olive oil and seasoning and bake in a pre-heated oven of 180 degrees for approx 25-30 minutes. Keep checking them so they don't burn and shake to turn the veggies around to cook evenly throughout.
3) Serve the veggies on a bed of quinoa and enjoy.