I stumbled upon these at a recent wellness day I attended. It was packed with everything girly. I'm talking beauty, fashion, gifts, cakes and cooking of course.
I have the lady demonstrating her gadgets to thank for this recipe. She was working with a hand held food processor, a pretty versatile little thing. Which as it turns out I had sitting in my cupboard all along, which I had never used. I guess my qualm with the gadget was it only cut things one way...which for me was unacceptable as I feel sometimes food needs to be prepared differently in order to give it a little 'jenesequa'. However for this recipe its the perfect tool for the job. Since rediscovering it, I now use it for chopping herbs, onions and lots more and its the one gadget I can't live without (that is because I don't have an electrical food processor). Take a look at it here.
As for the tortilla cups, they are revolutionary, I love them. Ideal for kids. I fill them with all sorts of fillings for my 3 year old. She loves them with cottage cheese, cherry tomatoes and ham and would love this salsa without the chilli of course.
They also make great canapés or snacks and I've been waiting to host the next dinner party to fill them with all sorts of deliciousness (mascarpone and fig preserve).
You will need:
- 4 Tortilla wraps
- 5 vine ripen plum tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 1 chilli
- a few sprigs of Coriander
- 1 ripe mango
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbs red wine vinegar
1) Cut a cross in each tortilla creating 4 little squares out of each tortilla. I cut all the round edges straight.
2) Place the small square tortilla in a muffin tray and push down to create the cup. Place in the pre-heated oven 180 degrees for 5 - 10 minutes. Keep an eye on them as they don't need long as burn easily.
Spicy Mango Salsa
1) Using a food processor or knife finely chop the onion, mango, tomatoes and chilli together.
2) Chop a few sprigs of coriander and add them to the salsa
3) Season with salt and pepper and a tablespoon of vinegar and spoon into your tortilla cups.