This recipe is a real classic, deep from within the roots of a little village in Swaziland.
Using simply a bowl and wooden spoon, no electric mixer necessary (but feel free to use one if you prefer), it comes out light and fluffy either way. Simple!
- 150g margarine
- 160g sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 bananas (peeled and mashed)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla essence
- 275g flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 100g walnuts (optional - I leave them out)
- 2 Tbs milk
1) Cream the margarine and sugar in a bowl till creamy. I simply used a wooden spoon.
2) Add the eggs, one at a time.
3) Stir in banana puree with vanilla essence.
4) Mix in the flour, baking powder, salt and fold into the creamed mixture together with the milk.
5) Turn into a loaf tin and bake for 1 1/2 hours in pre-heated oven of 180 degrees