This salad together with the sweet potato chips has become my new favourite meal. I love serving it as a quick and casual lunch with friends. I highly recommend it for it's simplicity and gorgeous flavours.
I'm sure Theo Paphitis from Dragons Den would agree that the return of taste & enjoyment you get out of this meal, far out ways the time and effort put into it.
In order to appreciate the full range of flavours this salad has to offer, one needs to taste it, so do yourself a favour, try it - its worth it.
Warm Chicken Salad
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 large chili (optional)
- 1 packet mixed salad leaves
- few cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 spring onion
For the salad dressing;
- 1 small red onion (or shallot), very finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2cm fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
1) Marinate the chicken strips. Put garlic, cumin, lemon juice, 1 Tbs olive oil, chili, 1 tsp soy sauce in a bowl with the chicken and leave to stand for a few minutes (the longer the better).
2) Gently fry the chicken in a pan.
3) Arrange the salad leaves in a bowl or platter, add the tomatoes, spring onions and place the cooked chicken on top.
4) For the salad dressing, add the ketchup, vinegar, 1 tsp soy sauce, 1 tsp olive oil, ginger, the finely chopped onion, mix well and pour over the salad.
Sweet potato chips
- 6 sweet potatoes, sliced in strips with skin on
- 2 Tbs olive oil
1) Arrange potatoes on a baking tray and pour over the olive oil
2) Bake in preheated oven of 180 degrees for approx 30 minutes or until golden.
3) Season with salt and pepper and enjoy with the salad