This is for those days when you feeling like you need to a little healthy... Packed with nurtirion this is the superfoods of all foods kinda meal. Delicious served with a dollop of plain yoghurt and dash of tobasco.
You will need:
- 300g brown basmati rice or wild rice mix
- 150g dried puy lentils
- 1/2 broccoli head, cut into florets
- 8 pitted olives
- 1 fennel bulb, sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 750ml boiling water or veg stock
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 handfuls of baby leaf spinach
1) Brown onion, add the fennel and garlic
2) Add the rice and lentils, pour the stock over and simmer gently for approx 20 mins or till the rice is cooked, keep adding more water if you need to
3) Half way through the rice, add the broccoli and olives.
4) When the rice is cooked, switch off the stove and stir in the spinach. Allow the spinach to wilt into the rice while mixing.
Serve with a drissle of balsamic vinegar and a tbs of plain yoghurt