As I sit here on a true autumn, gloomy day reminiscing about the warmth of summer and the great one we've just had....(aaaah). I'm drawn to those in the southern hemisphere, you lucky fish, you've got it all to come...This recipe is for you all and by far one of my favourites' of this summer.
I found this recipe in the Sainsbury's magazine which I have to say is my fix for Taste Magazine in South Africa. It's packed with delicious recipes that are fool proof and turn out every time. I would have never thought to use soy sauce over a salad but it works and it works damn well. Try it. The wasabi adds a real kick (which I love) but sensitive folk may need to add slightly less. The original recipe had sushi rice and cut up seaweed sheets in which also sound divine if you were after more of a meal.
You will need:
- 1 packed ready cooked and peeled prawns (not shrimps)
- 1 Avo
- 1 bag of mixed leaves
- 1/2 cucumber sliced
- 5 radishes, sliced with skin on
- sprinkling of sesame seeds (black and white)
- 1 large carrot, finely grated
- 1 bunch of flat leaf parsley
- 3 spring onions, sliced at an angle
For the dressing:
- 1 tsp wasabi paste
- 3 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil (or olive oil)
1) Prepare all the salad ingredients on a platter on the bed of leaves/lettuce.
2) Mix all the ingredients for the dressing together and pour over the salad.